Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Romance... or lack there of

Joe will probably be one of the first to admit that he is lacking in the “area” of romance.. recently after a chick flick we watched together –as romantic as it gets with us!- (and I almost fell asleep during it…even though it was very entertaining), Joe stated that it was a good show.  I then commented, “You liked it?... The couple was being pretty romantic.”  Joe quickly responded with, “I am romantic.” AND so the start of my hour long -laughing so hard I was crying started-… I know just wait!... So I asked him if he could remember the last time he was romantic… after…no lie about 5 minutes of thinking…this is the answer he gave:

“Well, I helped you deliver those wedding cakes last week…”  HMMMmmmmmm no really he said that.  --So i questioned him... like--maybe holding the door open while I brought in the cake?  Or because it was a wedding?... NO.. just that he helped! --Uff – but we were both laughing sooo hard 20 minutes into the conversation that we were nervously trying to quit in fear of waking up the boys.  I was even planning our next romantic trip of deliveries – almost penciling him in on the calendar. 

So just this past weekend we missed the opportunity to share that romance again, as Joe had to work while I delivered wedding cakes!  L Darn.. I missed out again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment