Thursday, October 6, 2011

Miscommunications of a strong willed little boy…

When dealing with my little Trevor…things can be frustrating, but others can be looked back on as humorous…some examples:

Trevor asked at least 5 times this morning “aanny”, or “oddy”…normal for Trevor to switch how the word comes out sometimes… I told him firmly 3 times, “no candy.”… He replied his usual whiny, “NO” – like I wasn’t listening to him and he wanted it anyway.  I went upstairs to finish getting ready and ignore the situation and then he was really getting mad at me…so I continued to tell him NO from out of his site…finally Isaac saved the day for Trevor – Isaac said, “I think he has to go potty”… So as I came around the corner to head down stairs I see poor little Trevor doing the potty dance at the bottom of the stairs.  He only wanted me to take him potty... heartbroken, I instructed him to come upstairs then… he had to go so bad he could climb the stairs –he replied “ary you” ---meaning “Carry Me”… Poor thing made it just fine…no thanks to mom except for the assistance up the stairs.  He was dry when he woke up, but refused to go then… so I am sure he REALLY needed to go.  L

More “funny” Trevor stories that have recently occured:

It was close to bathtime and I sat down with the boys to play games on sesamestreet.org (they are pretty good!! – you should try them if you have little ones!).  We were playing “Super Grover” I run the mouse…(the kiddos are too small for the laptop one), and they tell me what move to make next and even if its the wrong one I do what they told me to do.  So it was Trevor’s turn and he wanted “Elmo” to do something…Isaac said “That’s Grover Trev, OK?” like a little boy convincing his brother to do something evil, in that fake-y sweet voice.  (He uses that voice often usually to get his way with Trevor).  And Trevor said, “NO, ELMO”… So both “I-me” (Isaac) and I were explaining the differences between the two characters… Grover’s Blue…Elmo’s Red, etc.  Persistently repeating “NO, ELMO”… Isaac and I just moved onto the game until the computer said “Super Grover” then he started arguing with the computer… firmly…“Elmo”… When I laughed and Isaac joined me Trevor gave us an evil look.  So, I thought maybe he wanted to switch games.  I convinced Isaac to switch after completing the current one and we went to find an Elmo game – Trevor was SOOOOO mad (BIG pouty face and arms crossed) when the actual Elmo came on the screen – I think he knew he was wrong.  Daddy saved the day (for I-me and myself) and took him up to bath!  Whewww…

The other night at supper…Joe got home just after we started eating and sat down in his usual spot right next to Trevor.  Trevor told him, “NO sit there.”  Joe moved his chair over a half of an inch and Trevor satisfied said – “There” like he was perfectly fine with it and that Daddy should sit in that exact spot all the time. What were you thinking Daddy?

I broke from a routine that I didn’t really know existed last night… whenever we park in the garage and I open the Jeep door to take Trevor out of his car seat – he pretends like he is sleeping…sometimes he even “snores heavily”!!! – it is so cute, because there is usually a gigantic smile on his face with his eyes closed!... So I usually say “Oh, Shhhh, he is sleeping”... and as I proceed to unbuckle him, he amazingly wakes up and giggles.  Well, yesterday after work we were doing the same thing -- I opened the door and said, “Are you sleeping again?”… but then, I closed his door like I was going inside and leaving him there to sleep… OOPS… He was pretty upset that the game wasn’t going like normal….I opened the door and he lectured me with his cute little finger firmly at his mouth, “Ssshhhhhh, no eep or.” (No Jeep Door)  So, now I know for next time… that is the order I am supposed to do it in.  How was a mother to know? And how dare she “play” the game differently... lol  Love him to death no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment