Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Honored...

It is an ISAAC day today!...

(It is also my dad’s birthday!  Happy Birthday Dad, thanks for all you do as a dad, grandpa, and friend!  I love you SOOOOO much) 

I posted Isaac’s birthday cake on Betty Crocker’s facebook page on Monday… I LOVE that page… to share ideas – not only cake designs, but recipes of all sorts! And they posted his picture as “Fan of the Week.”  He is going to be thrilled to see it tonight!  So exciting!  There are already 1246 likes, 163 comments, and 112 people have shared the link… ALREADY.. it is only mid-afternoon.  Most of the comments are wonderful… “Be proud of yourself mom!”  “What a special memory for your little boy!”, “Are you a professional?” someone even called me the “cake boss!!!”… ha NO!!!  It has completely made my day.  –BUT just as a small side note.. there are just a few annoying comments throughout it = you “spelt” (aka…spelled) “Happy” wrong…umm no I didn’t but hey thanks for leaving a comment and for the spelling error within your comment… “I never saw this picture posted on here.”… Guess what lady --it is still there… so scroll down and look at it…, that same lady has recently posted again,  How do you pick the "fan favorite"? I see a lot of pics with a lot more likes than this one received. Some with 20 and more "likes" and this one got 10. Amazing that one that received so few "likes" is the fan favorite”.  = GOOD GRIEF, and some other snide remarks throughout—honestly though, it hasn’t affected the grin that is glued on my face.  BUT, why do people have to do that?  Jealousy?  Bad day?   Throughout their (Betty Crocker’s) facebook page there are random, annoying comments that make absolutely little to no sense…just keep those minute things to yourself and don’t ruin anybody else’s glory!.. Do you really think you will receive the “honor” of Fan of the Week, when you are that RUDE?

Just goes to show that there are people out there in -ANY age group- that can’t let anyone be better than them.  Or they have to find some way to ruin it for the honored person…. Hey, I AM over it.. I am just pointing out the disrespect of others and I hope I don’t act that way AND that I can teach my kids to have more respect than that.  After all… there were OVER 1000 others that enjoyed it! And Betty Crocker themselves…!

Isaac ALSO woke up dry and completed his chart with the 28th sticker (Hip hip hooray!!!!)… so, we are heading to the grocery store… yes the grocery store… tonight! That is where he picked out a die cast car that he wanted when his chart was full. (He studies the whole rack EVERY time we go there – like a good little boy---VERY carefully!  HE LOVES THEM! In fact he begs to go to the grocery store with me so he can:  #1 get the free cookie and #2 look at the cars at the end—he even asks if I am ready to check out, so he can see them.)  I know bad timing… like we need another new toy in the house, just after his birthday weekend, but HEY… he has earned it!... 1 more fresh new chart on his closet door tonight and maybe we can wrap up this stage!!!! In 28 days?

I desperately needed this turn of events after this morning.  Trevor is just not easy to drop off at daycare anymore and he refuses to wear a Halloween shirt… good grief kiddo you are born on the fun holiday…mommy just wants to celebrate it throughout October!... So I wonder if he has stopped his fit yet, it’s been over 5 hours?  Yikes…Just more morning challenges for a mother of 2!

Anyways, I am thrilled by the response of “fan of the week” – even my friends and family that have commented… OF COURSE I reposted it immediately and emailed it to friends and family members!  Proud of it! And of him!!!!!  Don’t grow up too fast Isaac!... (just wake up dry!!! lol) oh and YOU CAN CALL ME BETTY!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment