Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bringing U up 2 DATE...

Glazing at the Cozi calendar of events for the next few weeks… I thought I would update you on progress or adjustments I have made in previous posts…because I will really have things to write about coming up!!!

SOCKS:  It has taken up until this week for both kids to willingly put on socks in the morning.  Isaac is still trying me…like – “I am going to bring my socks downstairs and not put them on until the sun comes up, ok Mom?” – ha, so whatever @ least they actually get put on.  Trevor just does whatever Isaac does, so he has followed suit. (not immediately, but we are there now!) Although the Halloween Birthday Boy still won’t wear any Halloween shirts… I guess we will wear them during the Christmas season. ;)

I have officially started the Christmas lists adventure.  We still need to draw names (Beland side of the family) and get a few ideas rolling…but well underway!

Trevor’s new bed time routine couldn’t be going better.  We eat supper (or not!!), and then its right to bath.  He hardly fusses about heading to the bathtub anymore either.  “Bubbles” is his biggest concern.  Joe has even managed to be getting him completely dressed after bath, for quite a while – it was a grab my clothes and go find mom… telling daddy it wasn’t his duty… he was very naughty during this stretch.  He then shows off his pajama’s to everyone… PROUDLY.  “woody ha” (still can’t get that t sound on hat). He has 3 pairs of Toy Story PJ’s!  and begs “itan, or itad” depending on the day.  It is his time to play --exclusively.  He has even been improving on actually “playing” an entire game.  For a while he would decide… “no…ot at one” (No, not that one)shaking his hand at the screen… “all done”… And we jumped between games = not learning much of anything.  So we have that under control again.  Then we may read books or just play together.  At , Isaac’s bathtime, everyone heads upstairs…one to bath and the other to bed.  Trevor has figured out somehow that Isaac likes to go to bed with his door open, so now little bro has to do the same.  But he has been staying in bed!!!

Just how much Trevor loves Toy Story … Toy Story 1 we barely watch anymore… but the other 2 are titled depending on their opening scenes… Toy Story 2= “Woody Ha buzz” & Toy Story 3 “Woody Ha Choo Choo.”  (Even his woody doll is called “woody ha”)

At Isaac’s recent well-child visit, the pediatrician told me his leg issue is probably growing pains…which are more prevalent depending on how active he was that day… NO WONDER.  He also told me Isaac drinks WAY TOO MUCH MILK… and we should replace some with water = more laundry in the mornings already… it was 9 days dry first… so we should cut back on H2O too.

Isaac has (just in the last few days) graduated from the multi-vitamin drops for toddlers to the Flintstone Vitamins… FINALLY we have been trying for a few years.  Trevor still uses the drops… neither kid likes the gummy version of vitamins... they are gritty, can’t even “hide” them within fruit snacks.  Fish Oil is going great in applesauce and yogurt!.. haven’t given peanut butter a try yet.  They get it at supper, so Joe and I can keep track of it better .

Oh Supper – still not a huge improvement.  In fact, in someways it is worse.  Joe is going to register for Table Manners 101 (I don’t know of a class, but if there is one… he NEEDS TO BE in attendance), so the boys can follow his lead… uff I can barely stand to eat at the same table anymore… Can’t a dad have some manners.. anything from the usual manly bodily noices, to visualizing the chewed food in your mouth, to not sitting down at the table when we are eating, and most importantly – saying and physically showing that you didn’t “like” the meal … your kids are watching AND following your lead.  The day I wrote about the agitating time, I decided to give myself a break and headed to the drive-thru.  WOW... if only I could do that every day... we would be broke and morbidly obese, but it would relieve some frustrations??!  No, we won’t do that, but it allowed me to completely avoid the begging, the snacking/drinking before the meal, the TV… we had it off the whole time until after supper!!!! (We have a great room, so our main living room is connected to the dining area =  no way to avoid the giant TV)  So, this Mom needs to figure out how to make that immediate transition into supper from when we walk in the door???... Hmmmmmmm  Ideas please?!

I will update you on apraxia/speech progress and issues in the next blog – have already been writing it.  Big changes with moving speech therapy session’s to the school environment next week.  Urghhhhh….not sleeping well because of it… makes me very nervous.

Pinterest is still amazing and addicting.  Really has me excited to get going on a remodel project!!?... and a few cute craft ideas that I just need to get going on!.. Easy, yet fun and creative… I will share as I do them!

Are you awaiting the update on the romance… I don’t really understand why you are waiting… there isn’t one!

So, in the end the blog has put ideas, issues, and the commotions right in front of my face.  I have received emails from numerous viewers with support, advice, and information that leads me to believe… I am not the only struggling mommy and wife out here! 

I found this saying today… wish I would have had it earlier… "Crying doesn’t mean you are weak…it means you were strong for too long.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment