Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oh the Things a 5 year old says…

Uffda!!! Ha ha.. To be a 5 year old again!  I guess I wouldn’t go so far as to say his phrases are due to his “innocence,” but they do make me laugh.
A story I heard about him – on Thanksgiving his Uncle was asking Isaac and his cousin what they wanted for Christmas – His younger, female cousin responded… “A Pony”  (typical 4 year old girl response right??!)… Isaac questioned her with, “Why wouldn’t you want a Unicorn?!”… Not sure what Isaac’s response was, but he has told us that he is asking Santa for a remote controlled monster truck that has “things” that come out the side to shoot real bullets” – Oh great!  Yeah that is just the toy that he needs. 
This morning Isaac was waking up still sitting in bed.  I thought he was sick the way he was caressing his throat… “Mommy, my neck is sooooooooo dry….it needs Chocolate Milk.”  Ha.. I am sure it does!  I have heard before that his tummy is “soooooooo dry”.  Isaac was convinced he wasn’t going to get any milk…oh, chocolate milk-- the way his voice was “begging” for some.  When I told him he needed to get dressed first and then he could have some, he seemed so shocked… I told him it was morning and time to wake up any way and he said, “No wonder my body was up!”
A few days ago he was watching TV and a commercial came on (maybe ProActive?? – I didn’t see it).  He said “Mom – people use that stuff to get rid of dry and polka dotted skin!”
For supper last night – we attempted fish sticks again, used to be Trevor’s favorite meal… He ate the banana again and that was all… anyways Isaac wasn’t going to eat them he “only likes Daycare’s fish sticks.”  (wonder where he has heard a phrase like that before – Daddy?)  BUT – I did get Isaac to eat them and he even said “Yum” – once!  (My secret? – I was baking cakes and he could lick the spoon when I was done, if he finished his sticks!!!  Lol!)   and he did!
Both boys are very excited about having the outside of the house decorated for Christmas!  We count the “lit up houses” on the way home from daycare!... Trevor starts counting… “One…Two…Mommy see Mommy??”  pointing away at the lights...before I even know we are playing the game again!  Our house is # 26, or 17, or 34…we aren’t very consistent counters, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment