Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Burger time!

In case you didn't hear me the first time... PLAN YOUR PARTY'S AROUND YOUR CAKES!!  Do I sound bossy?...It really is the easiest way to do it!...I promise!  Come up with an idea... figure out your cake and go from there!!!!!


Here is a perfectly....cute...example why!  My God-Daughter was so excited with her birthday approaching!  She expressed something that she had figured out!... She is in the middle of a stack of 3 birth-dates in a row within our extended family.  So she called herself the "hamburger" and the other 2 were the BUNS! 


Her Mom asked if I could make a hamburger cake -- the rest of the party fell into place after that!!! (At least that is how I see it!!! ha ha)  She prepared a special "surprise themed" birthday party around that adorable little girl's thinking!  So I got to create an amazing and amazingly simple cake perfect for the occasion! 


She was so thrilled once she realized what the theme of her party was!  She was gleaming!  (She is a shy, quiet girl ---but her smile said it all!)  So, I was happy that my creation could help with that feeling!  -- Even when I am not there to see it -- It is the reason why I make them...It pays off in the end!

They served sliders and had those little hamburger gummies too! (I think they are Sponge Bob??)


The 2 BUNS are father and daughter!  FUN huh?! 


I baked 2 white cakes for the buns...the "hamburger" is a brownie mix...cheese is fondant (everyone thought it was cheese --made me grin...must have been a good color --!...that would have tasted horrible on cake...yuck!)  and everything else was piped buttercream frosting... (lettuce was made with a leaf tip!)  The hardest part was figuring out how to serve it!  It was a tall and heavy cake!  But worked out perfectly!

What a perfect party!  I had so much fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment