Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mommy's "Little" and BIG Helpers...

Someone (from the North Pole?) must have warned my kids... THANKS!!

Now I have 2 boys that have become Mommy's little helpers.  We have accomplished a few projects together!  Today Joe started and the rest of us assisted the decorating of the outside of the house for the Christmas season.  It looks pretty nice!  We have some HUGE Christmas balls hanging from the blue lighted house and trimming the HUGE evergreen tree... Ok so only around the bottom of the tree.  We are all scared of heights.. Need to hire someone I suppose.  Oh if only, money grew on that same tree!  So we don't decorate very high!...But it still looks festive.

Isaac was our DJ as we started our Christmas cookies.  Trevor (just after bath!) and Isaac both sang us the SWEET melodies of We Will Rock You, and Sweet Serendipity!!  As well as a little jiggle of a dance now and then too!  It truly is sweet to hear Trevor nail those lyrics better than I can, and to watch both have so much fun dancing.. just don't let them catch you smiling while enjoying their entertainment... I guess they get embarrassed??!! Oh so cute. 
Isaac inserting the Kisses
For the "Reindeer Noses!"
 So as we finished half of our Christmas baking rockin' along!... the boys were great helpers and throughly enjoyed themselves (Maybe MOMMY the most!!).  They were especially good at Reindeer Noses --  Round pretzel with a hershey kiss melted inside and a M&M or other candy coated chocolate on top!!!... The boys were able to do 90% off them on their own...They were very excited! 

Then thanks to pinterest we have a new favorite... HOMEMADE Butterfingers!... A bit more time consuming, but SOOOOO worth every second!.. YUMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.... My mouth is watering... Good thing they are in the freezer, or they may be gone. 

I am not sure what else we will make -- the Caramels a co-worker has been spoiling us with = absolutely amazing -- but I am not sure I could get them to turn out...I think I will try, but if anyone breaks a tooth (because I know they will be too hard) over Christmas -- I am not getting them "All they want for Christmas" (is my 2 front teeth!!!!)  because I am officially done wrapping and buying gifts this year!!!!!  I think that is the earliest EVER.  I guess the MN shopping expedition really paid off!

Even Daddy Helped!!
We have been doing lots of other "projects" too, but can't share them yet... DO NOT OPEN until Christmas OR baby niece's arrival!

Now to get the house and myself together... going out for supper tonight!  Happy Birthday to ME!... I am 29 = STILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment