Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Whine and Dairy

Testosterone levels in my household are through the roof.  Wikipedia states, “On average, an adult human male body produces about ten times more testosterone than an adult human female body, but females are more sensitive to the hormone.”  No kidding – ha!!  And more sensitive to those who carry ten times more of it.  Also of note from wikipedia, “Fatherhood has been demonstrated to lower men's testosterone levels which in turn may help fathers take better care of their offspring.”  So generally it is just a shifting of levels from fathers to their offspring…?????  But then, why must us females be the disciplinarians and the only ones to follow through with the punishments…Dad’s must gain that soft spot in their hearts when they lose the testosterone to their children.

So I am in big trouble considering where my kids testosterone came from  ;)

The reason I bring it up…. Isaac has become an out of control “I’m only 4” year old that has mood swings as enormous as that of an ape -- and his cellar is overflowing with “whine.”  I thought it was the terrible two’s and puberty I needed to worry about.  Nobody had warned me about the horrific almost five stage.  The commotion that comes out of that small mouth is something that my mother would have never let come out of us girls.  Is that a boy thing, or was my mother better able to control it… that in itself is frustrating.  Well, it is!!  Who knew that a boy needed to call his toys, blanket, mommy, daddy, brother, friends, and anything that gets in his way, a crazy made up name like----  “you boo doo fooey head”… Lots of them end in “head”… I guess we all have one.  On the plus side, the “words” are not generally foul?  Although name calling in general is just that, in my opinion.  How do they develop that language and the challenge set forth on us --  how to curb it? 

Or how about “begging” for chocolate milk….when it is the first time you have asked and IT IS an appropriate time to consume it… Why does that first --  “Mom can I,” -- have to turn into the screeching of nails on a chalkboard… Must we beg constantly?

Sharing is another “behavior” that is being flushed out of the house as fast as Isaac can run.  The iPad is the greatest new learning tool in the house.  It is also the most fought over.  “He is ruining my game… he can’t play that one…” How about mommy controls that, who else will?  --  well she has too.  Let’s just say that the 10 hour battery that the iPad brags…in our house “dies” way before it actually does.  So much so that it may need to be charged, JUST minutes after it was unplugged.  (The battery life on that thing is AMAZING-----shhhhhh don’t tell the boys!)

So I hadn’t wrote for a while—I was determining the “best” way to describe the current situation, although I do feel this is the most unorganized thought process that has come out in writing.   And the list that I didn’t have started last week has grown by leaps and bounds into an out of control mess… WAY TO MUCH going on right now!  Do you feel that way too?  Please tell me you do!!!! lol  

I recently read that the  lol  looks like a person drowning… ^^^lol^^^… SOMEONE please throw me a life preserver QUICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment