Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"A" List

If you know me, then you know I am a list maker… list creator… list ?????   well, you get the idea.
As my husband tells me we “need” something,  I instruct him to “write it on the list” -- he usually has to ask… Which one?  He also has the horrible habit of making my “lists” into scratch paper, --writing random phone numbers or other “thoughts” on it.  BUT no… that does not make him an “A” lister!  Often I have called him trying to figure out what he has “added” to my list…. For example, “panten” on my grocery list… Pantene belongs on the Target list… I had no idea what it was he wanted—let alone read his horrible spelling!!  Or he will be “general” and state cerel… yes that is how he spelt it… well do you want raisin bran, or honey nut cheerios!!!  I will mention that I am going grocery shopping say... tomorrow night... all of a sudden the “list” that HE DOESN’T want to add to consists of the usual 2 items I can’t leave the store without on any given trip.  What are the staples in Joe’s mind... OJ and yogurt and if we are out of either one… we must desperately get groceries, because “there is nothing to eat in the house”… add it to the list!... (I know I am a hypocrite!!! lol)  The 3rd most needed item – cerel!!!

On a side note--- about the yogurt, Joe often reminds me to not get “this” one because it has too many “seeds” in it… I still couldn’t tell you right now which I am supposed to buy strawberry or raspberry… Hmmmmmm……..guess I should make a list!

So honestly though… I need a list to function.

 As most of you, I have a running grocery list that starts anew as soon as the last grocery bag is hauled into the house and up the stairs and allllll the way over to the kitchen counter, if not before!… Oops and so the cycle continues…

I also have lists of what needs to be accomplished (scrapbooking keeps getting transferred from list to list and never seems to be crossed off).  I currently don’t have one of these… I KNOW RIGHT?… I better get on that—I personally can’t believe it myself, but not to worry 2 little boys turn another year older next month… I should honestly have that list made already!  #1 on the list…. Scrapbooking!

Then of course the Target list… well, we won’t go there as it should be empty after our trip to the store last night…Joe and the boys aren’t invited back…….they are too expensive.  

We are heading camping for one last weekend on friday L and you would think I would be a “pro-packer” by now, but I have 3 lists going!!!  Hey you… laughing at me… you know there would be more commotion without them!!!...

Just want to “shout out” to the other list maker… This post is for you!  Thanks for all the touching emails and opening my eyes even more - as to why I needed this blog… glad it is helping you too! Whoever knew it would be sooooooooo relieving sooooo early into it! 

Thanks for letting me clear my thoughts! Better go make a birthday list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment