Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Introduction into this COMMOTION:

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, mostly to just organize my thoughts.  Everything else in my everyday life seems to be organized…maybe sometimes too much, but I can never seem to organize my thoughts.  I better start clearing my head and writing things down so I can rest my mind too!!!  I truly believe that if my day, house, and thoughts are “organized” then my stress could be and is greatly reduced.  So, what better time to start a blog than today amongst the busiest months of my year ahead.  Hey, what is one more thing to do in my daily routine, Ha…

You may wonder why it would be important to read my blog…well maybe its not.  It is going to be about my opinions, due to my encounters, about my everyday commotions.  I am not write to give advice, although I hope somebody could relate to my issues and either learn from them, or laugh about them.  I am just a mother who wants to grow through experiences, may they be positive or negative, and share them in writing to get them out of my head!  I believe that I have succeeded in life, but there are many more opportunities and doors that need to be opened. 

So, a little bit about me… I have five “jobs”…

It’s kind of cliché, but most importantly, I am a mother to 2 energetic boys.  They are both born in October, hence why these next few months will be busy ones.  Isaac will be 5 years old.  He has asthma and glasses… both challenge us as a household.  Then, Trevor is 2 years and 22 days younger than Isaac.  He will be 3 in October and he struggles with Childhood Apraxia of Speech.  I know this is sure to be topics throughout my blog in the future, so I will just state… issues with lacks of communication cause great commotions!  I was referring to my 3 year old, but same goes for my husband, Joe.  He is a great daddy, the boys look up to him for everything, which also poses the problem.  They believe EVERYTHING he says.  And depending on our communications on any given day that can cause major commotion in our household!

My main occupation is a registered computed tomography (CT) technologist.  I work full-time at an outpatient clinic.

I am a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant mostly because I seek interaction with females and want to make them feel good about themselves, as I do with these products!  I use the products exclusively and love them!!  www.marykay.com/dbeland

I also decorate cakes…yep I seem to have time to do that too??... I officially started spreading my hobby into a business this year!  It started as that hobby to decorate for my family and close friends.  I would say that I still just decorate for my friends, because I get to know everyone who enjoys my cakes, but it has grown tremendously!!  With assistance from my aunt, Nancy, we created “Frosted Deb’s Cake Co.”  Check out www.facebook.com/frosteddebscakeco whenever you have a minute!!  I probably average one cake a week, in my spare time.  Like I have any!!

Finally, I am also a CPR instructor, which I am not toooooo busy with, but it keeps the commotion interesting as well!!!

So those are my “official” jobs—I also love to scrapbook (which I am very behind on). Photos in general are important to me.  I am not necessarily a “photographer” but I capture those moments that need to be remembered often and enjoy doing it.  I would love to improve in this area, but let me know if you see sometime within my schedule to do that!  I like to think I have a creative eye!!!  Which also brings me to interior decorating… LOVE IT.  Man, if only there was more time in the day.  Would very possibly be my career of choice if I wasn’t in radiology… again, not that I know what the proper way to create a room is, just that I enjoy doing it.  I love to make a room look complete!!  I thoroughly enjoy every aspect of designing adventures...from coming up with the ideas, to creating the projects myself and admiring the organizational excellence of it all in the end!  I am an organizer or maybe a “planner” in case you were wondering!

Ok... way more information for an introduction than anybody needed. Hopefully this will help get some weight of my shoulders…and other places!!!  I am excited to get my ideas, whatever they may be on that day, out of my head and straighten up these everyday commotions that run my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment