Thursday, September 15, 2011

SOCKS

… yes socks… is my second posting those darn little things!

So going beyond the usual stinky, husband socks laying in random places around the house…esp. the stairways either up or down…(which buy the way, I don’t want to touch them-so PICK THEM UP and there is NO NEED to wear those hole-ly ones.. your drawer is over flowing with others!!) and the ones that seem to disappear (which as I remember - seemed to happen more throughout my childhood growing up than it does in my house, but my mother has told me… to just wait, it will happen in your home too Deb)  -- we are having major sock issues in our house and yes it is causing an official commotion…

(definition:  com·mo·tion Noun /kəˈmōSHən/  A state of confused and noisy disturbance) 

Isaac:  oh, where to begin??...about 5 months ago I bought a pair of “running shoes”.  That is what I called them and he too--and regrettably, I told him that these are the type of shoes we wear socks with…..OH NO… That one conversation turned into Isaac needing to wear socks ALL THE TIME…he loves his running shoes-they make him fast!  Ha!  So, I bought needed, additional socks.  They were so “cute”… they look like all types of sport’s balls, I thought he would love them. Well, -- “They have ‘stuff’ in them mommy.”  So, we will have 6 brand new pairs of “sports” socks for Trevor when he turns 4, because he wouldn’t wear them.  After that commotion, I found some that Isaac accepted and they became VERY dirty looking (they are clean).  So just a few weeks ago I bought the EXACT same brand…fresh, clean ones and now there is “something” in them too… they only have one stitching area above the toes as compared to the sport’s socks that have random stitches throughout the sock, plus he had worn the others all summer-what was possibly different about these?  Well, the new issue in our house now, is there is always, “Something in the socks; they don’t fit” no matter what pair they are.  No lie - we went through 8 pairs of socks Monday morning until we found one that was satisfactory.  (I refolded them later… I know!)  So they were “the Lightning McQueen ones with the tire streak down them” – they came in a pack of 3-----that are made exactly the same--… won’t wear the other 2.  He wore THE SAME pair Mon (clean), Tues (dirty), and Wed (dirtier)… finally this morning without any fuss... he picked just 1 pair out and wore them… WHAT REALLY?  How does a parent handle that?  I didn’t say a single word today and out the door we went…  Unbelieveable… we will see what tomorrow brings!

Trevor on the other hand is completely opposite… could you expect anything else!!?  He would go barefoot 365 days a year.  If you do get socks on him... they will be off within an hour.  Fall has set in here in ND, especially this week brrrrrrrr....and I, you know just the mom... think a little boy who is developing a cold (up 3 times last night and used my shirt as a Kleenex during them) should wear them?  But he thinks differently.  So NO SOCKS FOR TREVOR……..today… we will see what tomorrow brings!

Onto something that that seems to work and I still have control over, keeping track of those bachelor socks: 

In our house everybody’s sock drawer contains their own single socks, mostly because the “stray” sock will be thrown into a laundry basket eventually, and then it will end up -unbeknownst to us- with its partner right where they belong!  (so which sock was officially missing anyway??!)!!!... and even those widowed socks can get new partners (who aren’t so hole-ly) and live happily ever after… well until they are worn again and then process will continue, unless you are Isaac’s socks then you may just get worn for a few more days in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment