Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What supper AGITATION?...

A crafty project to clean up the supper time agitation?  My love for a pinterest project just can't seem to pass me by.  But when I saw this wonderful idea... I knew it was sure to assist in improving our supper routine. 

I created this board based on the one that I saw.  And so far have included our favorites and a few additional supper options.  Of course spagetti is listed!  and corndogs...chicken strips...BUT really even if that is the supper of choice for the evening at least with the weekly organization this pretty board allows, I know what to make and that the ingredients needed for the meal are in the house!

The packet holds all of the ideas with blank ones to add things as we remember meals or create new recipes.  We (I) go through the packet to find 7 days worth of meals --I sift through the cabinets, fridge, and freezer and add needed items to the grocery list.  The last 2 trips to the grocery store have been about $25 cheaper too ----- a BIG plus to this system that I wasn't expecting.  Thrilled about it though! 

How I created it...It's a bar pan...the cheapest one I could find!  Mine is a 13" x 15" I believe?  Then I lined the pan with 12" x 12" scrapbook paper -glue stick--(I would use as thin of a sheet as you can--The overlapped area around the Monday magnet is a bit weak to hold 3 sheets of paper)  I found "strong" magnets that I kind of tested myself at the arts and crafts store as they aren't labeled, but there were definetly some weak ones.  I would imagine the stronger the better. .. and small wooden circles for the days of the week (which I painted brown).  I stamped the abbreviation for the days on cardstock, cut them out and glued (glue stick) them to each circle.  I then hot glued the magnet onto the back and lined them up...The packet and the shopping list paper are held on by magnetic clips for easier access to remove and replace.  I of course I added some decorative accents and with 2 adorable boys' pictures and a title. 

The original idea found
on pinterest, but on the blog
http://monas3rd.blogspot.com/2011_09_04_archive.html
The challenge...finding the meal choices to print out....So I am going to make a TINY confession--there are 3 different, but similar cards -- that read...Pizza, Homemade Pizza, Order in Pizza...Ha ha!!!... Oh there is also Pizza hotdish.  I know, I know  BUT hey at least I know what I making ;)    !!!

Ok so the agitation still exists, but it is improving as well (Please note... side dishes are still applesauce, and yogurt with a dash of fish oil -- I don't know if my kids will like these "sides" when they are older because they are eating them SOOOO often now, but they even request one per supper now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment