Sunday, January 15, 2012

Growing tooooo fast...

The stage of a child's life when you can actually SEE their imaginations making sense?... I suppose in stages all along if we were to really concentrate on the little things they do we would see the progress began from birth-- so it probably started long before I discovered it.  (Although--noticing Trevor's progress is "easier" -- that is why I am blogging about Isaac today -- I am be concentrating too hard on actual milestones then everyday activities.)  Basically, what I am trying to state is that Isaac's drawings and "projects" have become recognizable, he is "playing" roles and encouraging others to become "something" within the game, and the reasonings behind his ways of doing something are turning into actual strategies.  Are these all positive?  NOPE...

He has SOOOO much excitement showing off his projects and "homework -- from daycare-- and I can actually figure out what most of the drawings are!!!!  He still loves to explain them --so we let him!  Every single one!!!.. ha ha.....

These playdoh figures were created with help of their babysitter cousin, but the pride sure showed through -- It was almost 1 week on my countertop before I was "allowed" to throw them out --only after I took a picture!  I hope he can continue through life with pride.  If we all had as much pride as he showed over some playdoh figures -- we could achieve so much more in our day to day life!

He continues to pretend play, but the creative mind his is using sure surprises me.  Mostly involving friends or a certain brother...They go on hunts together! (you can tell I have boys in my house)... Moose, Bear, ... They even sneak up on the animals...but before they shoot them, they are LOUDLY pointing and screaming at whatever animal they will shoot "Look Mom, a Bear --Over there on the Mountain top" --I would think this would scare away most animals... but I have been told, not the fake ones that live in our house... Geeze MOM!

BUT sometimes his pretend play isn't quite so "cute."  I think the little stinker will be a leader someday... (In one of the next few blogs -- I will explain what worries me about this stuff)  He hasn't been saying --said naughty words, but he is telling his younger counterparts what to say --especially at daycare... He is sneaky, I suppose he is all too aware that he would get in trouble, but he hadn't figured out that he would still get in trouble...because the adults know better than that!... This past week he encouraged the remainder of the daycare kids to say penis.. yep... and stupid the next day... They repeated it over and over and over again... cuz Isaac was telling them too.... Uff... He got into trouble  BIG trouble.. no iPad that night -- and Yes Isaac would think the world was ending if he didn't get that!

On the way home from daycare, I try to give the "lecture" and take care of the issue right away, so that it is done and over with before we get home...sometimes it works.. and others.......well you understand.  BUT the other day (the penis word day) I asked him what happen to my good little boy.....He told me, "He is in the junkyard hiding -- and he isn't coming back."  Although I laughed inside --well mostly... I know he was listening and that my good boy would be back -- cuz a few days later, I told him I was proud of him, cuz his daycare provider told me he was wonderful that day--and Isaac replied to me, "Mom, someone must have found your good boy in the junkyard and gave him a ride back to town!!!"  lol!!!!!  So,I guess I will keep pluggin' along on my "drive home lectures," because even if it took a few days -- it is sinking in!

So... his strategizing techniques.. unfortunately are mostly used for trying to get out of something... Getting out of trouble... getting out of getting dressed... ETC, ETC, ETC... Ha... One that HE thinks he is good at... getting out of eating supper..."I ate alot for snack today mom... I am just not hungry" (Who knew a five year old could think like that -- I didn't expect it.)  Wow.. Do I have alot to learn??!! 

They pay attention to EVERYTHING -- yes that is a warning AND a reminder to myself.  We were watching "Mommy's show" --doesn't happen very often (it was probably on HGTV and not a movie, or cartoon) and I wasn't paying attention to the commercials --but Isaac asked me, "What does deep mean..."  Ummmmmmmm....I said, "When we dig in the dirt and you only shoveled one scoop, that is "shallow" and when you shovel in the same spot more it is getting deeper!"  Pretty good right ---NOPE... Cuz he continued with the question -- "Then what does 'Chevy runs deep' mean?"... I HAVE NO IDEA.  Yup that is what I told him too... but then it brought us into the conversation about how our family likes Jeep and Dodge better anyway!! ha ha!!!!!!!

Love having boys!.. They sure keep me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment