Friday, April 13, 2012

Timeless...

As my venture into a new career has taken much longer than anticipated... I have also ventured into a "fun" new job... it does pay I guess, but it is a great way to get out of the house and a "good" reason for the kids to get to go to daycare -- other than just "holding" our spot.  Not that, that is how my wonderful daycare provider is... but I still have that feeling in my chest... saying... why am I bringing my kids to daycare when I am home.... Still.... they need to go and I wouldn't want to change that one bit... hoping and praying for them to go full-time very shortly, but for now...they can just enjoy their friends and time at "friend's house" (That is what we had to call it instead of daycare when Isaac first switched after Trevor's maternity leave.. cuz he, 2 at the time, didn't want to go to "daycare," but "friends house" seemed like a great place to spend the day!!!)
As my mother stated tonight on a phone conversation...It can be my creative outlet for a while... yeah.... that is exactly what it is...(although I have an abundance of cake decorating to do in the next few weeks...minus a freezer...so creativity may just be depleting....)

Ranunculus
I have always enjoyed flower arranging... I am very glad that she is in charge of keeping the fresh flowers fresh and ordering what the customers want!!!... Because the biggest challenge is figuring out what the flowers are called... ok, ok... I know what a rose is... but the colors of roses aren't just... red, white... etc... there are some amazing roses... and other flowers that I didn't even know existed!!!  The ranunculus is one of my new favorite flowers... and it comes in ALOT of different colors!!

She is still (and will be) very much in charge of the fresh arrangements... I get to do a few... and assist in many, but today I made 3 silk arrangements (one wreath)... !! my forte.. I guess in a flower shop anyway.  I really enjoyed it... I put flip flops on a wreath with some bright yellow spider mums!!!! I love it... and "grass" as the greens!!!  It is fun, I hope someone will love it for there home!...

I have helped her create a facebook page for her business.. we still need to improve on it... she has a TON of wedding rental items that just aren't "out" there being used the way they should be yet... that is my next goal for her... to get that going and I would love to help!!!... But check out her page...

facebook.com/timelessmemoriesfloralandgift

She took a big chance on me as I don't have any fresh floral experience and/or retail expertise either...but as she has said... I can tie a bow! and have a creative spark in me somewhere!!  I am grateful for the opportunity and am enjoying it as well....!!!...

Better come and visit me... be quick as the flip flop wreath may not be there long!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment