Monday, March 26, 2012

KINDERGARTEN Registration...

ALREADY???

I just struggled through paperwork for registering a little boy, that grew up all too fast, for Kindergarten.  Struggling only with myself as I may just not be ready to let go.  Isaac is ...ready... he would have loved to go last year... He is very anxious to get started as I am just as anxious to be sure that he is prepared...both physically and academically...emotionally too I suppose.  Reading through all their "informative" papers is heart-wrenching.  I am resting easy knowing that he is prepared and that he is "READY" for school.  I am not saying he is going to accomplish everything perfectly, I hope I can be the type of mom to see that he doesn't need to be that way too... But, I of course have already completed a list of things to continue to work on. 

Also throughout the paperwork stacks -- I had to clarify vision, allergies, and asthma issues...(Which are all reasons my stack of papers were larger than the average ones -- I suppose!)  I thought it was my other son that I did all the running and "figuring things out for"... I guess every child has those "issues" that just become part of our everyday life.  More COMMOTIONS that we just adapt to living with.

As my dad informed about 1 week ago... he remembered 1 thing that the school asked of him... it was when he brought my older sister to the first day of kindergarten... "Can she tie her shoes?"... He said yes, and the teacher said ok -- goodbye!... Ha... Just after reviewing the stack of papers, I can tell that "readiness for kindergarten" has changed drastically over 30 years... 

Isaac cannot tie his shoes.. until last week, I was unaware of that requirement... so it is on my list... He struggles with just a few of the lower case letters, and ALWAYS write the capital version of "E"...He doesn't even want to attempt the lowercase "e".  So maybe we can convince him otherwise. 

He also calls all coins "Quarters"... Mom, look at the brown quarter... (penny)... so I already knew that one, but we really need to work on buttoning his jeans.

I have been avoiding these situations... Using the wide variety of Velcro shoes available now, and slip on or sweatpants... This is the kid who doesn't mind wearing jeans, but would rather wear comfy clothes (like his mom! --sloppy me!!)  That has been "encouraged," so to speak, since the potty training times... but either way we need to work on buttoning pants.. I suppose shirts is in a close second...It doesn't state that on the "Kindergarten" paperwork, so I can avoid that too right???!!! lol...

With Easter right around the corner... I suppose it would be ample time to identify those coins, found in the Easter Bunny delivered basket, by their real titles!... It would be a good start.  Dress-button up pants and dressy shoes that tie.. seems like quite the "challenging" day for a boy about to enter Kindergarten... Guess we will be late for Easter Service... oh, well, we won't want to change anything and be on time as a family anyways??  Now would we???!!!!!  I suppose he could even WRITE Happy East"e"r and work on that little "e"!!!!! 

One less thing on my mind to think about... now we are just striving to locate an apartment within the same school district, so the pressure of open enrollment can be avoided, and more importantly -- Trevor can continue with the same SLP that he is progressing so quickly and enjoying his time with her!!  Just one less thing to figure out for this mom that way.  (We sold our house... as of now we are out on May 10th!!!--I am sure there is bound to be more stress accompanying that date.)  Apartment living for us until our house is built.  They should be able to start digging soon!!! with all this nice weather, it should be a great start!!!!  I would love to be in by their birthday month, October... I really think that there will be a great chance of that happening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment