Monday, February 6, 2012

Sweet Dreams....

Oh how I miss those... sweet dreams.  I should just as well stay up until 1 a.m. and get something accomplished around the house.  I just can't seem to settle my mind lately. I am thinking of ideas for the new house, I am planning my weeks ahead, I am overthinking and debating work, and of course I have a TON of pinterest projects I want to do!!!...(Ha-- Those I actually enjoy thinking more about, but I would like some sleep.)  and finally I am laying awake waiting for Isaac to whine and moan.  When I do finally fall asleep I am awoken by his rolling around in his room with another nightmare. 

He has been having nightmares on and off for over a month now.  It is usually at the beginning of his rest or just as he is waking up..... so about 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.  And I don't get to sleep until 1 a.m..... that makes for a long night. 

During our parent time at Gearing up for Kindgarten a few weeks back... I was more than excited about making a dream catcher for Isaac.... (It is a most difficult project -- yes even for me!  But I did it!!)  The project includes yarn, feathers, beads, and a small circle as a hoop to hold it all together.  I am sure you can imagine it... but they decided to use those glow in the dark bracelets you "pop" to make them glow.  (They did work well for the project & cheap too!!)  Isaac loves those., well normally!  We bring them camping and he always gets excited when we bring them out.  So I thought it was perfect!!!

AND a perfect solution to help resolve his nightmares??? RIGHT??  (the parent project was actually to teach us the importance of sleep for our growing child...and how worn out they can get from learning and the experiences they have in Kindergarten.)  So on the way home after I heard about his time with "My Teacher."  I told him about the exciting project I made for him!  How it works...good dreams go through it, and bad dreams get caught in its web.  I told him it glows only for the first night, and it probably won't after that.  I was anticipating him being mad/frustrated that it wasn't glowing in the next few days, but instead I must have scared him more. Something that was glowing in his room and would keep him up all night, was not what I anticipated. 

The going to be Kindergartener was staring at the glowing dream catcher way past my bed time... "Mom, it is STILL glowing."  "Is it working?"  "How does it work again?"   Ufffffff, why did I open this can of worms? 

So a few days later... he admitted to me, "I think that spiderweb is working, Mom."  lol!!!!  So ok great, but last night I was up 3 times with nightmares.  I have heard not to ask the child what they are dreaming about, so I haven't yet...but I am curious enough that I want to resolve the issue.  I am sure that I can't stop them for him, but I feel so bad for him.  He is just all out of sorts when he wakes up.  Whinning and no control of his body.... so we have went from bed-wetting to nightmares...my poor boy just can't catch a break.

Another nightmare???... I just sorted through the piles of pictures laying around in the basement... The nightmare part being... my kids grow too fast, I can't figure out some of the dates (my previous computer crashed), and the horror of starting in on the scrapbooking project.... My goal is = finish those newly developed piles before we move out of this house ... and I am already procrastinating.

I guess I should attempt another dream catcher for myself (or sleeping pills??!!!--just what I need?) AND a snore reducer of some sort for the other half of the bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment