Saturday, February 11, 2012

Smile.... Show Your Teeth

So Isaac finally went to the dentist (Maybe that is why he is having nightmares!!), well I guess he has been there 2 other times, but he actually participated and got his teeth cleaned this week!!!

I brought him with me... so I went first (we tried this once before and failed), but he seemed very interested during my portion that day. In fact, he had to back up a bit or the hygenist may have poked him in the eyes with her tools. (Maybe he will be a dentist/hygenist one day -- I doubt it!)  I was opitmistic that his session would be of much improvement. 

He jumped right up in the chair and was a very wiggly... but content with being in it.....little BIG boy throughout the process!  The hygenist did a wonderful job too!  The prior visit "Grandma Buzz buzz" aka the tooth polisher (in layman's terms -- I have no idea what it is actuallly called.), anyways she scared him right out the door... there was no way he was letting that Grandma Buzz buzz near him. 

They "polished" his teeth with the special toothpaste, but used a cool crayola crayon toothbrush to apply it.  (The hygenist knew exactly what she was doing!!)  Later into the process she had him sucking some water out of her hand with the suction/vacuum device (I obviously don't know the correct terms either!)  and touching/operating Grandma Buzz buzz on his hand.... NO neither actually made their way into his month, but maybe next time, because he thought they were pretty cool. 

The good news is he told me he is going to continue brushing his teeth well, and as he stated, "I am not scared of the dentist anymore."  (Hmmm I am.. I still have nightmares... so good for you buddy!!)  AND they got the brown line removed from around his bottom teeth -- affects of too much chocolate milk?  So they sure look pearly white!!

The dentist noted that his 2 front bottom teeth are loose.... so I am looking for a crafty sew'er for a tooth fairy pillow!!  Maybe Grandma will be pitching in on that project!!?  I am sure a consult with pinterest will pull off too!  We have to be creative with everything, RIGHT?  (and I wonder why I have no time to BLOG!!)

AND she already noticed that he has a horrible overbite... I know who doesn't, but you can't even see his bottom teeth when he bites down... so all I can see was $$$$$$... already!

Other the other hand.. Mr T is NOT doing so well in the tooth department.  I haven't attempted the dentist for him yet, I am not pushing for it... my outgoing 5 year old had a hard enough time.  I am not sure when the appropriate age is anyway?  Some people state BEFORE 1.. are you kidding me?  DO they even have teeth... ha ha... Don't answer that either, because I know... I have been up with 2 teething babies in my lifetime. 

But the most difficulty is the absolute refusal of putting a tooth brush in Trevor's mouth except to suck water out of it... uff.... he is seriously... SOOOOOO stubborn and persistant.  No, no, no, no... no... Like this Daddy...... like this Mommy... NO TREVOR LIKE THIS!... So I tried to stick a washcloth over his front teeth the other day.... I almost lost a finger, but I reduced some of the visable plaque....YUCKY.  Or as Trevor would say, "Ucky, Mommy." 

Just another fight I can't win, but need to... or he will be scared of the dentist -- FOREVER. 

So we accomplished something for once!!!... Well for 1 of the kids anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment