Thursday, November 3, 2011

Did you see the 30 pointer?

I am officially the “single mom” for the weekend.  Joe will be in Finley (1 hour away) until Sunday.  Hunting season has started… Actually not until on Friday, but in our house it basically started last night.  I will not see my husband from last night when we went to bed until bedtime?? possibly on Sunday.  Preparing for the event was not “planned” out by me, thank goodness – and so I guess a full extra day (from today until tomorrow) is necessary for 1 man to get ready– no kids involved.  How does he think I function to get anywhere… ha. 

From what I am aware -- deer season is the EXACT same opening day every year – first Friday in November.  So, it isn’t a SURPRISE and you have to plan unexpectedly to get ready – is it?... Let me tell you a few reasons why -- Suddenly –last night he wanted to do the grocery shopping…we were out of milk…oh and OJ, I also had a small list too which he grabbed to go with!!!… All the junk food and OJ that he hauled in was enough for all of November…BTW there is a HUGE bowl of mini candy bars in plain view on the countertop…you would think that could be adequate for deer hunting.   Then at Joe doesn’t know where his blaze orange hat is?  He probably has 3 of them… amazing how things just get up and walk away…I had to go and look for him.  I couldn’t find one either… He has one whole closet dedicated to ‘his’ hunting gear.  NO HAT.  So great, let’s go buy a new one.  –This is also the time that he tells me he is getting off work at tomorrow – He hasn’t “sited in his rifle yet” – Really… oh yeah I bet deer season just crept up on you and you forgot all about it huh?...

SO again thankfully, I didn’t have to prepare and am not involved with the schedule of the activities –whewwww or it would be like getting ready for Halloween all over again. 

By all means, I am thrilled that Joe has a hobby and gets away with the “guys” –more so when the boys will be old enough to enjoy the “bonding” weekends through November.  Let’s just hope the planning and events can run a bit smoother by then?... I have my doubts, but this will always be the father’s duty to prepare for it – and that appeals to me as much as in 16 days I will be shopping with the girls!!!! (for 2 days)… so in the mean time, I hope to have everything off my list to do by tonight when I hit the sack and the weekend can truly be about Mommy and her boys… really looking forward to it.  Hope everyone is in a cheery mood and ready to “just be together!” 

I am quite certain that the camera will be an item left at home – in plain site – I guess there will be no proof of that thirty point buck?  Well, maybe I can have the pleasure of moving its horns around in my garage for the next year until they will or will not be mounted??  I think the others are still in there… one year later. STILL….Don’t worry --1 gallon of OJ will be packed and he will probably be out by Saturday breakfast.  Guess he will need 2 for next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment