Friday, June 8, 2012

Nursery Decor...

So sitting...yes actually SITTING.. and relaxing, but yet still in this tiny apartment with nothing on the plain white walls... got me thinking.  I never shared the 2 baby nurseries I got to help with!!!... This is old news to some... the babies are 5 and 3 months old already... but I still love their rooms.

Of course the themes to both rooms were planned around the crib bedding sets, but what an easy and fun way to not paint entire walls yet add a huge impact to individualize the spaces!

First my niece's room... My sister didn't want anything too girly (Maybe -- thoughts have since changed as Paige is in plenty of pink, purple, and the utmost adorable dresses all the time!!) but we still got some pinks into her room and the color combos were crazy!... But boy do they work together once it was complete!!  Even crazier... They only needed to by sample sizes of paints (actually we only needed the Pink and the Lime Green , because the rest of the colors were already in her house!  Hows that for budget savey!!  Isn't this room just adorable... almost as much as my niece, but not quite!  There has since been a lime green "P" placed in the big pink circle to personalize the space even more!... How simple and fun!  I know Paige loves it!! She told me so!!!

My cousin had a little boy... he must be a little monkey, because we simply added some vines to his nursery before his arrival!  Again, we didn't paint the walls (they had actually just moved into their house, so the walls definitely didn't need to be painted... they had a hint of green, so the nursery decor she had picked out with monkeys, browns, and greens worked great!   I started by hanging yarn from the ceiling to allow for the natural swing in the vine... so easy.. as I just painted above or below each string and didn't have to waste time drawing on the wall or figuring out angles, etc...With the bright lime green first...borrowed from Paige's room! I set the tone for the vines..then I  added shadowing in 2 other greens that I had on hand... for a total of $0 for this makeover!!!  Doesn't get any better than that! 

Although I love color on the walls.. adding just a bit of "artwork" directly on the wall without painting them can add sooooooo much character and FUN into a nursery (or any room!)

I am currently debating on just adding accent walls in our new house?  We will see, I have never done that before... but I would love to use up/not by more paint...from the old house as we all have pretty new bedding that the colors would still go well.  Stay in touch and someday I will post those too!  (Don't get too excited!! -- as the floors aren't even built in the house yet!!)

Thanks for letting me help with the nurseries!! I hope your kiddos love them as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment