Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Breaking Ground...

They do get along!!...
The land doesn't look like
that anymore!!!..Lots has
changed already!!!
So this blog is WAY overdue... I have been hanging onto these thoughts and pictures for awhile... so time to get it off the computer and brain!

So on April 14th we called a few family members last minute for a tiny celebration -- breaking ground at our new home's location.  It was difficult for me to celebrate as I wasn't positive how the future was going to showcase the possibilities behind the exciting, yet stressful time.  Because as of then I was still deep into the job hunt and was hoping and praying that we could actually still allow ourselves this big step and allow for the enjoyment in constructing a house built just for us.  It was extremely difficult, but just having the faith that things will be ok... I went out to our home's site and enjoyed the simple celebration.
We had some great help getting things started!

It was obvious that my kids knew everything would be fine... I wish I could be so innocent.  At times they were digging for treasure... or China... or even "building" their own rooms.  Trevor could have dug all night.. he was ready to move in... and had sooooooo much fun trying to get things started!  They are just as ambitious as we are!  The little family members that joined us...wanted us to get moved in too!.. I really think they all dug every second they were out there (they even shared the gardening tools!!)--just as ready to get things started as I am!  They had so much fun, helping me to enjoy it a bit too...on a side note... during our tree planting adventures.. I asked Joe if he could believe that this was ours??!  And it was the moment that I really felt like my dreams could come true.  I started imaging my boys running and exploring their land and new house!.. Made my heart smile as well as my face!!!!!
Isaac took a break for
ice cream!
We enjoyed an ice cream social while noticing that the mosquitoes had gotten to move in before we will.

I have been doing a few "home" errands this week, just to wrap things up before I get started on the new life of 2 jobs and a different schedule to keep track of.  It's great fun to have a bit of retail therapy!... that I can enjoy...I can actually spend the money!  Also, we have been on the hunt for the tractor of Joe's...Isaac's...and Trevor's dreams... Snowblowing, mowing...just moving dirt... I suppose there is a need for these boys' dreams to come true.  Just what I wanted another bill to pay when we are just moving in.  YIKES....... Joe has been hounding me about... why are you shopping, what else do we need... ever since the house ideas was brought up... but I will defend myself in saying... even though he is buying less items... HE is spending much more money.... Why doesn't he see that?!

So onto the adventures of choosing the right floorings, lighting...paint colors... decor...garage doors...toilets... where do I stop!!! CAN'T WAIT!!  Probably most stressed about the lighting as I know it will have to stick around for a while....but have an appointment Friday to work on that!   Heck the walls aren't even up... They should be by next week!!!  Here we go... on the adventure of a dream come true!

The Beland Family is ready to move in... Where's the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment